Individual Psychotherapy for Adults
I draw on well-researched, systematic psychotherapy approaches that promote psychological and emotional growth, integration, healing and well-being. These include Intensive Short Term Psychodynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). I regularly participate in clinical workshops, seminars and conferences.
Training & Experience
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, Level I: Affect Dysregulation, Survival Defenses, Traumatic Memory. Washington, DC
- Advanced Clinical Training Program in ISTDP ( Intensive Short Term Psychodynamic Psychotherapy ), Washington School of Psychiatry
- Clinical Social Worker LCSW licensed in Virginia
- Masters of Social Work from the University of Maryland School of Social Work
- Professional training in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Master of Arts in Dance/Movement Therapy, Goucher College
- Advanced credential (BC-DTR) of the American Dance Therapy Association
- Certified Movement Analyst (CMA).
- More than two decades of clinical experience in inpatient and outpatient mental health settings:
- Clinical Social Work Association www.clinicalsocialworkassociation.org
- Greater Washington Society for Clinical Social Work www.gwscsw.org
- Washington School of Psychiatry www.wspdc.org
- American Dance Therapy Association www.adta.org
Karen Brandt, LCSW is a licensed clinical social worker and psychotherapist in Falls Church, Virginia specializing in the treatment of depression, anxiety, stress and relationship difficulties.